Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Finally, a Story Map.

I've been threatening to really dive into Esri Story Maps for some time. They have, in all honesty, been around for a number of years and I've lightly tinkered with them from time to time. However, I finally found a real need to be able to explain and tell the story in a unique way. AmericaView, a non-profit where I serve as national program manager, is a nationally-coordinated, locally-controlled consortium of 39 active "StateViews" that promote outreach, education, research, workforce development, and technology transfer based on Earth observation remote sensing. AmericaView is primarily funded through a competitive grant from the U.S. Geological Survey Land Remote Sensing Program. I gave the Story Map format a go, and while it takes some time to load some of the maps, it seems like a compelling and rich format to use for future projects. Suggestions, corrections, or other comments are always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally, a Story Map.

I've been threatening to really dive into Esri Story Maps for some time. They have, in all honesty, been around for a number of years a...